Having a music career comes with a lot of amazing things, one of it is affording its practitioners the opportunity to have fun without any limitation. The red carpet flash-actions, club appearances, T.V and radio features, unending tours and musical gigs to mention a few, as essential as they could be to the growth of your career, could also be detrimental to your own health if they are not properly managed.
Many artists have relentlessly carried on with the demands of their career and given no time to rest. They often forget that the music career, as fun as it may be, it’s a job like every other job. A career in the music industry could also be stressful, notwithstanding the glitters and luxury owe a lot to it. Excessive and prolonged stress leads to a burn out – a state of unstable health, emotional, mental and more often, physical exhaustion.
There are various ways a musician can tell if he/she is experiencing burn-out. Below are some of the many signs:
- Lack of Motivation: You are no longer fell motivated or excited about your work.
- Negative Emotion: You start loosing concentration and feel like what you are doing isn’t fun or as important anymore.
- Slipping Performance: You performance at your job start derailing.
- Health Problems: You start experiencing health issues.
It is very important for artists to take time to refresh themselves after a period of intensive work. Especially after periods of sleepless nights attending pre-release parties and other sort of performance.
Here are some strategies to implement in order to avoid this burn-outs:
- Seek help and Professional help and assistance when needed
- Avoid unhealthy competitions.
- Embrace your work and appreciate your efforts.
- Take time off to REST and implement other healthy routines.
- Stay humble and be grateful.