Wizkid was in the news recently as he missed out twice on one of the biggest international stages at this point in his career.
Fans of the musician who had high hopes in seeing Wiz on stage had been disappointed to say the least.
Wizkid has been accused a number of times for not failing to show up at shows despite being paid already.
1. In 2011, students of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB) cried out on social media when Wizkid failed to show up for an advertised GTCrea8 eSavers Campus Concert.
2. In October 2015, Adamawa State-based institution, American University of Nigeria, Yola, in a series of tweets alleged that they paid Wizkid to come and perform in the school but he refused to show up.
The school later disclosed Wizkid was never paid for the event and he also didn’t agree on a date with them.
3. In June 2013, students of University of Lagos dragged Wizkid Zone 2 Command of the Nigeria Police Force, Onikan, Lagos claiming he was paid to perform in their school but failed to show up.
Later on, it was found out that the students had been dealing with an impostor.
4. Wizkid’s maiden concert in Zimbabwe floped in 2016 as the singer failed to show up at the venue of the concert at Old Hararians Sports Club even though he was seen in the country.
5. Wizkid missed the first leg of 2018 Coachella festival due to visa issues relating to his band members and had promised his fans on social media that he will be attending the second leg of the festival the following weekend. Saturday night came and Wizkid was a no-show and despite the grand finale of BBNaija doing well to deviate attention from the singer and his carefully planned release of four singles and a collaboration within the same week, fans have continued to question why the singer has missed out on one of the biggest international stages at this point in his career.
However, all these has not stopped Wizkid from performing and selling out shows at stadiums across the world.