Over the years, Beyonce has honed her craft as one of the most successful entertainer in the world, her versatility and dexterity has distinguished her from her peers in the entertainment industry. Beyonce is a fantastic singer, an actress, a mother and a wife, an entrepreneur and a philanthropist. However there many things about this American entertainer that many of her fans do not know about. Below are 20 of them.
1. The beautiful entertainer was born Beyoncé Giselle Knowles on September 4, 1981 in Houston, Texas.
2. Beyonce charged her parent’s guest $5 each to watch her perform at a very young age. Guess the star always knew she had a talent that would make her wealthy.
3. At age 7, she won a school singing competition with John Lennon’s song titled “Imagine”.
4. Beyonce’s father, Mathew Knowles is a record producer and her mother, Tina Beyonce is a hairstylist and a costume designer. They are however divorced.
5. The beautiful singer is married to one of America’s most famous rapper, Jay Z. They got married on April 4, 2008.
6. Queen B has three children. She gave birth to her first daughter, Blue Ivy on Jan. 7, 2012 and on June 13, 2017 she gave birth to Sir and Rumi Carter.
7. In 2011, an Australian horsefly was named after the music singer because of its golden behind. The bootylicious insect was called Scaptia beyonceae.
8. She is the first female artist to have her first six studio albums debut at number one.
9. Beyonce dated only one person before she met Jay Z. She started dating her first boyfriend when she was about 13 and the relationship ended four years later.
10. She invented the word bootylicious and it has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary.
11. She had an alter ego called Sasha Fierce in the early 2000s, and according to the pop star, Sasha Fierce helped her to overcome her shyness on stage and reminded her that her stage persona is different from who she really is.
12. In 2010, People magazine named her The World’s Most Beautiful Woman.
13. In 2010, Beyonce and her husband earned a whopping $122 million, making them the Highest Earning Power Couple for the year.
14. Beyonce’s pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second
15. She suffered a miscarriage before the arrival of Blue Ivy.
16. In 2007, she became the first female artist to receive the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards.
17. Beyonce founded a clothing line called House of Deréon with her mother and she also has several fragrance lines to her name including Heat and Pulse.
18. She is a philantropist who joined former Destiny’s Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, to form the Survivor Foundation, which provides relief to natural disaster victims. She has also
worked with many charities including International Planned Parenthood Federation, I Was Here, Girl Up, Elevate Network, and Girls Inc. of Greater Houston.
19. In January 2010, Beyonce Knowles became the first female artist to bag six Grammy’s in one evening.
20. Her favourite number is 4. The singer, her mother and her husband were born on the 4th. She also got married on the 4th.
Beyonce has many songs to her credit. We will like you to tell us your favourite Beyonce song in the comment box.