The South-Sudanese super model is currently in a relationship with Nigerian singer, Douglas Jack Agu also known as Runtown. Here’s everything worth knowing about her.
It’s no longer news that Adut Akech and Runtown are dating as the couple recently made the headlines after the model was seen showing off a sparkly huge ring in a video that has since gone viral. Although, there have been speculations that the two are engaged there has been no public announcement from them.
Akech is a world class supermodel, however, she is not well-known in Nigeria.
So we put together a list of 10 things you probably might want to know about her.
1. Adut Akech Bior was born on December 25, 1999, in South Sudan.
2. She grew up with one older sister, Kim, and a bevy of younger siblings: Alakiir, Yar, Bior, and her youngest sister, Akoul.
3. Adut spent her early childhood in a refugee camp in Kenya.
4. She was 7 years old when she moved away from Kenya along with her mother to Adelaide, Australia as South Sudanese refugees.
5. While living in Australia, Adut went by the name Mary because the teachers couldn’t pronounce her name.
6. At the age of 13, she had her first runway experience.
7. At 16, she was signed to her mother agency, Chadwick Models, in Sydney, Australia.
8. Since the start of her modelling career, Akech has graced the covers for top magazines including; I-D Magazine, 10 Magazine Australia, Vogue, Portrait, Elle Croatia, L’Officiel Singapore, and Le Monde M Magazine.
9. The 20-year old model has earned several awards for her work thus far. On December 2, 2019, she won the ‘Model of the Year‘ award at the British Fashion Awards in London.
10. Naomi Campbell is one her mentors in the modelling industry.